In this month’s episode of the Anti-Modernist Reader, we revisit an old classic of Father Anthony Cekada's: an article originally entitled "Welcome to the Traditional Latin Mass."
This is a great "starter" episode to send to a friend in the Novus Ordo Sect, as in it Father Cekada explains how this article originated in a pamphlet that Father found at a chapel in New York which tried to explain to those who were coming from the Novus Ordo what they were witnessing at the "Old Mass."
Host Stephen Heiner and Father Cekada discuss:
- Broad differences between the two rites
- Principles behind the liturgical "reform" and how they led to the Novus Ordo
- Detailed issues with the Novus Ordo, including:
- The Penitential Rite
- The Offertory
- The Eucharistic Prayer
- Communion in the hand
- Veneration of the Saints
- The faithful departed
- "Negative" theology
- Changes to Our Lord’s words
- The introduction of the 1988 Indult and the 2007 Motu
- Practical consequences of the discussion and recommendations for faithful Catholics
We hope you enjoy this informative episode!
The Anti-Modernist Reader℗ is a Production of the Restoration Radio Network. Copyright 2015. All Rights are Reserved.