This is Catholicism continues with the first part of the ninth article, "The Holy Catholic Church." Father Philip Eldracher explains the actions of the Apostles after Pentecost and the structure and unity of the Catholic Church.
A Complete Catechism of the Catholic Religion by Father Joseph Deharbe, S.J. was originally written in German, was very popular in the 19th century, and was translated into English. Bishop Donald Sanborn finds the Deharbe Catechism to be the most complete to convert and instruct people in the Catholic Faith.
Part I On Faith (continued)
Chapter II. Chief Truths of Faith (continued)
The Ninth Article.
'The Holy Catholic Church; the Communion of Saints'
1. On the Church and the Form of her Government.
1. What did the Apostles do after they had received the Holy Ghost on Whit-Sunday?
2. What arose from these congregations of believers?
3. What further did the Apostles do when the communities of Christians increased?
4. Were all these several communities united with one another?
5. What did they call this great community of Christians under one common Head?
The text is available in the public domain for free online as a PDF. Used copies and reprint versions can still be found and purchased.
Original Air Date: February 4, 2017
Show Run Time: 29 minutes
Show Guest(s): Father Philip Eldracher
Show Host(s): Jason Guardiano
Individual Season 6 Show Price: Not available.
Podcast Player (5 Minute Free Preview)To gain unlimited access to all Restoration Radio shows, you can subscribe by clicking the link below.
This is Catholicism℗ is a Production of Member Supported Restoration Radio. Copyright 2017. All Rights are Reserved.