Father Philip Eldracher and new host, Daniel Forde, continue the discussion on the Head of the Church.
A Complete Catechism of the Catholic Religion by Father Joseph Deharbe, S.J. was originally written in German, was very popular in the 19th century, and was translated into English. Bishop Donald Sanborn finds the Deharbe Catechism to be the most complete to convert and instruct people in the Catholic Faith.
Father Eldracher is currently pastor of Mary Help of Christians chapel and provides the Traditional (Tridentine) Latin Mass to faithful Catholics throughout Australia.
Part I On Faith (continued)
Chapter II. Chief Truths of Faith (continued)
The Ninth Article.
'The Holy Catholic Church; the Communion of Saints'
1. On the Church and the Form of her Government.
17. Who has been the visible Head of the Church since the death of St. Peter?
18. Was the threefold office, which was common to all the Apostles, to continue at all times?
19. How do we know this appointment of Christ?
20. Who are the Successors of the Apostles?
21. Why can no one be a Successor of the Apostles who is not in communion with the Head of the Church?
The text is available in the public domain for free online as a PDF. Used copies and reprint versions can still be found and purchased.
Original Air Date: October 23, 2017
Show Run Time: 20 minutes
Show Guest(s): Father Philip Eldracher
Show Host(s): Daniel Forde
Individual Season 6 Show Price: Not available.
Podcast Player (5 Minute Free Preview)To gain unlimited access to all Restoration Radio shows, you can subscribe by clicking the link below.
This is Catholicism℗ is a Production of Member Supported Restoration Radio. Copyright 2017. All Rights are Reserved.