**PARENTAL WARNING: Ironically, these episodes and links discussing mainstream schools contain content that is unsuitable for children - and please note that we don't necessarily agree with all the content in the linked articles.**
Theresa - who attends Mary Help of Christians (Melbourne) mission, that provides the Traditional (Tridentine) Latin Mass to faithful Catholics throughout Australia - and Jacinta wrap up their overview of the pros and cons of mainstream school and homeschooling in this final episode with Jacinta. They also discuss Jacinta’s experience beginning to home-school her eldest child in a casual manner, and the benefits it has presented. Every Catholic parent considering putting their children in a mainstream school, or who already has, should listen to this series.
Find out the truth about how all mainstream schools deliver a disturbingly-low standard of education. In addition to being extremely substandard in that respect, without exception, they also present grave and imminent dangers to morality. At the same time, they impose a pervasive anti-Catholic programme of indoctrination, in accordance with the principles of freemasonry and the Organized Forces of Naturalism. If you want your children to have a high standard of education, subjecting them to the mainstream system is definitely counterproductive to your aim; rather, it will almost certainly be the greatest obstacle to them becoming truly well-educated.
A special note of thanks to Nicholas Wilton for allowing us the use his music for this series. You can find out more about Mr. Wilton and his beautiful compositions here.
- From the encyclical on Christian Education: “Hence every form of pedagogic naturalism which in any way excludes or weakens supernatural Christian formation in the teaching of youth, is false. Every method of education founded, wholly or in part, on the denial or forgetfulness of original sin and of grace, and relying on the sole powers of human nature, is unsound.”
- St. Jerome Library - Simplified and affordable Catholic Homeschooling.
- 'Major distraction': school dumps iPads, returns to paper textbooks
- Homeschooled students often get better test results and have more degrees than their peers
- Behind Australia’s safe schools campaign
Original Air Date: February 28, 2020
Show Run Time: 69 minutes
Show Guest: Jacinta
Show Host: Theresa
Individual Season 9 Show Price: Not available.
Podcast Player (5 Minute Free Preview)
To gain unlimited access to all Restoration Radio shows, you can become an Annual member by clicking the link below.
Already a member? Sign in on the right column.
The Catholic Home℗ is a Production of Member Supported Restoration Radio. Copyright 2020. All Rights are Reserved.