Father Philip Eldracher and host, Matthew Arthur, discuss non-Catholic Religious Societies in relation to the Four Marks.
A Complete Catechism of the Catholic Religion by Father Joseph Deharbe, S.J. was originally written in German, was very popular in the 19th century, and was translated into English. Bishop Donald Sanborn finds the Deharbe Catechism to be the most complete to convert and instruct people in the Catholic Faith.
Part I On Faith (continued)
Chapter II. Chief Truths of Faith (continued)
The Ninth Article.
'The Holy Catholic Church; the Communion of Saints'
2. On the Marks of the Church.
37. But are not non-Catholic Religious Societies also one?
38. And why can none of them be called holy?
39. Why can none of them be called Catholic?
40. And why can none of them be called Apostolic?
41. If, then, none but the Roman Catholic Church has the marks of the 'one' Church of Christ, what follows from this?
The text is available in the public domain for free online as a PDF. Used copies and reprint versions can still be found and purchased.
Original Air Date: March 8, 2018
Show Run Time: 24 minutes
Show Guest(s): Father Philip Eldracher
Show Host(s): Matthew Arthur
Individual Season 7 Show Price: Not available.
Podcast Player (2 Minute Free Preview)To gain unlimited access to all Restoration Radio shows, you can become an Annual member by clicking the link below.
Already a member? Sign in on the right column.
This is Catholicism℗ is a Production of Member Supported Restoration Radio. Copyright 2018. All Rights are Reserved.