Father Philip Eldracher and host, Matthew Arthur, discuss the purpose of the Catholic Church.
A Complete Catechism of the Catholic Religion by Father Joseph Deharbe, S.J. was originally written in German, was very popular in the 19th century, and was translated into English. Bishop Donald Sanborn finds the Deharbe Catechism to be the most complete to convert and instruct people in the Catholic Faith.
Father Eldracher is currently pastor of Mary Help of Christians chapel and provides the Traditional (Tridentine) Latin Mass to faithful Catholics throughout Australia.
Part I On Faith (continued)
Chapter II. Chief Truths of Faith (continued)
The Ninth Article.
'The Holy Catholic Church; the Communion of Saints'
2. On the Marks of the Church.
41. If, then, none but the Roman Catholic Church has the marks of the 'one' Church of Christ, what follows from this?
3. On the End of the Church, and on her Qualities resulting from this End.
42. For what end did Christ establish the Church?
43. What has the Church to do, in order to lead men to salvation?
44. How has Christ enabled the Church to do all this in a proper manner?
The text is available in the public domain for free online as a PDF. Used copies and reprint versions can still be found and purchased.
Original Air Date: March 10, 2018
Show Run Time: 14 minutes
Show Guest(s): Father Philip Eldracher
Show Host(s): Matthew Arthur
Individual Season 7 Show Price: Not available.
Podcast Player (2 Minute Free Preview)To gain unlimited access to all Restoration Radio shows, you can become an Annual member by clicking the link below.
Already a member? Sign in on the right column.
This is Catholicism℗ is a Production of Member Supported Restoration Radio. Copyright 2018. All Rights are Reserved.