In this episode, Father Philip Eldracher continues the discussion on the Infallibility of the Church. The Infallible Teaching Body of the Church is the Pope, and the Bishops united with him.
Father Eldracher refutes the claim that since "we have had 'bad popes' and 'bad bishops' before," therefore, this situation of Vatican II and its aftermath is something which we can accept and still remain Catholic. This erroneous claim is held by Novus Ordites and those who hold the recognize-and-resist position.
A Complete Catechism of the Catholic Religion by Father Joseph Deharbe, S.J. was originally written in German, was very popular in the 19th century, and was translated into English. Bishop Donald Sanborn finds the Deharbe Catechism to be the most complete to convert and instruct people in the Catholic Faith.
Part I On Faith (continued)
Chapter II. Chief Truths of Faith (continued)
The Ninth Article.
'The Holy Catholic Church; the Communion of Saints'
3. On the End of the Church, and on her Qualities resulting from this End.
50. But have there not also been in the Catholic Church some individual Teachers who have fallen into error?
51. If, then, differences arise in matters of faith, what are we to do?
52. By whom are the decisions of the Church given?
53. Are all Christians bound to submit to the decisions of the Pope?
The text is available in the public domain for free online as a PDF. Used copies and reprint versions can still be found and purchased.
Original Air Date: March 15, 2018
Show Run Time: 31 minutes
Show Guest(s): Father Philip Eldracher
Show Host(s): Matthew Arthur
Individual Season 7 Show Price: Not available.
Podcast Player (5 Minute Free Preview)
Already a member? Sign in on the right column.
This is Catholicism℗ is a Production of Member Supported Restoration Radio. Copyright 2018. All Rights are Reserved.