In this episode, Father Philip Eldracher and Alexander continue section 1 of the Commandments, which covers the chief Commandment of Charity.
A Complete Catechism of the Catholic Religion by Father Joseph Deharbe, S.J. was originally written in German, was very popular in the 19th century, and was translated into English. Bishop Donald Sanborn finds the Deharbe Catechism to be the most complete to convert and instruct people in the Catholic Faith.
Part 2: On The Commandments (continued)
Chapter I. The Commandments in General and the Chief Commandment of Charity (continued)
Pages 163 – 165 Section 1 On the love of God (continued)
11. Why must we love God?
12. When is our love of God 'perfect'?
13. When is our love 'imperfect'?
14. By what means is the love of God increased and perfected in us?
15. How is the love of God lessened and banished?
Section 2. On the Love of our Neighbour.
16. Whom must we particularly love after God?
17. Is it not enough if we love God?
18. Why must we love our neighbour?
19. What qualities must the love of our neighbour have?
20. When is our love 'sincere'?
21. When do we love our neighbour as ourselves?
22. When is our love 'disinterested.”
23. When is our love 'general'?
The text is available in the public domain for free online as a PDF. Used copies and reprint versions can still be found and purchased.
The music used in this show was composed by Nicholas Wilton. To enjoy more of his work go to: https://www.fourmarksmusic.com/nicholas-wilton
Original Air Date: October 9, 2020
Show Run Time: 40 minutes
Show Guest: Fr. Philip Eldracher
Show Host: Alexander Arthur
Podcast Player (5 Minute Free Preview)
To gain unlimited access to all Restoration Radio shows, you can become an Annual member by clicking the link below.
Already a member? Sign in on the right column.
This is Catholicism℗ is a Production of Member Supported Restoration Radio. Copyright 2020. All Rights are Reserved.