In this episode Father Philip Eldracher and Alexander continue the section on the Honour and Worship of God, with a focus on the sins of presumption and despair, and the attitude which Catholics should adopt today.
A Complete Catechism of the Catholic Religion by Father Joseph Deharbe, S.J. was originally written in German, was very popular in the 19th century, and was translated into English. Bishop Donald Sanborn finds the Deharbe Catechism to be the most complete to convert and instruct people in the Catholic Faith.
Part 2: On The Commandments (continued)
Chapter 2: On the Ten Commandments of God
Pages 173 – 175 Section 1 Of the First Commandment: The Honour and Worship of God (continued)
11. How do we sin against hope?
12. When do we sin by despair or by distrust?
13. What are we to hope for from God?
14. On what grounds are we to hope for these things?
15. What, then, is Christian hope?
16. May every sinner hope for pardon?
17. How far may we also expect temporal goods from God?
18. When do we sin by presumption and false confidence?
19. Is Christian hope also consistence with fear?
20. What sins are chiefly opposed to the love of God?
21. How do we honour God also 'exteriorly'?
22. Why are we also commanded to honour God exteriorly?
The text is available in the public domain for free online as a PDF. Used copies and reprint versions can still be found and purchased.
The music used in this show was composed by Nicholas Wilton. To enjoy more of his work go to: https://www.fourmarksmusic.com/nicholas-wilton
Original Air Date: October 24, 2020
Show Run Time: 45 minutes
Show Guest: Fr. Philip Eldracher
Show Host: Alexander Arthur
Podcast Player (5 Minute Free Preview)
To gain unlimited access to all Restoration Radio shows, you can become an Annual member by clicking the link below.
Already a member? Sign in on the right column.
This is Catholicism℗ is a Production of Member Supported Restoration Radio. Copyright 2020. All Rights are Reserved.