In this last part on the Fourth Commandment of God, Father Philip Eldracher and Alexander Arthur discuss the duties of parents and the obligations of Civil Rulers.
A Complete Catechism of the Catholic Religion by Father Joseph Deharbe, S.J. was originally written in German, was very popular in the 19th century, and was translated into English. Bishop Donald Sanborn finds the Deharbe Catechism to be the most complete to convert and instruct people in the Catholic Faith.
Father Eldracher is currently pastor of Mary Help of Christians chapel and provides the Traditional (Tridentine) Latin Mass to faithful Catholics throughout Australia.
Part 2: On The Commandments (continued)
Chapter 2: On the Ten Commandments of God (continued) The Fourth Commandment of God.
Pages 195 – 196 The Fourth Commandment
21. Does the Fourth Commandment regard children and inferiors only?
22. What are the duties of parents towards their children?
23. How do parents sin when they neglect these their duties?
24. Have parents charge only of the 'eternal' salvation of their children?
25. What are the duties of masters and mistresses towards their servants?
26. What are the obligations of Civil Rulers to their inferiors?
The text is available in the public domain for free online as a PDF. Used copies and reprint versions can still be found and purchased.
The music used in this show was composed by Nicholas Wilton. To enjoy more of his work go to: https://www.fourmarksmusic.com/nicholas-wilton
Original Air Date: September 24, 2021
Show Run Time: 36 minutes
Show Host: Alexander Arthur
Show Guest: Fr. Philip Eldracher
Podcast Player (5 Minute Free Preview)
To gain unlimited access to all Restoration Radio shows, you can become an Annual member by clicking the link below.
Already a member? Sign in on the right column.
This is Catholicism℗ is a Production of Member Supported Restoration Radio. Copyright 2021. All Rights are Reserved.