In this episode, Father Philip Eldracher and Alexander Arthur begin a discussion on the Fifth Commandment of God.
A Complete Catechism of the Catholic Religion by Father Joseph Deharbe, S.J. was originally written in German, was very popular in the 19th century, and was translated into English. Bishop Donald Sanborn finds the Deharbe Catechism to be the most complete to convert and instruct people in the Catholic Faith.
Father Eldracher is currently pastor of Mary Help of Christians chapel and provides the Traditional (Tridentine) Latin Mass to faithful Catholics throughout Australia.
Part 2: On The Commandments (continued)
Chapter 2: On the Ten Commandments of God (continued) The Fifth Commandment of God.
Pages 197 – 198 The Fifth Commandment
1. What sins does the Fifth Commandment forbid?
2. When do we injure our neighbor as to the life of his body?
3. What sin does he commit who deliberately kills his neighbor in an unjust manner?
4. Is it ever lawful to destroy human life?
5. Is it also lawful to send a man a challenge, or to accept his, to a duel in defence of our honor?
6. Does the Fifth Commandment forbid only the actual crime of taking away the life of our neighbor?
7. When do we injure ourselves as to the life of our body?
The text is available in the public domain for free online as a PDF. Used copies and reprint versions can still be found and purchased.
The music used in this show was composed by Nicholas Wilton. To enjoy more of his work go to: https://www.fourmarksmusic.com/nicholas-wilton
Original Air Date: September 30, 2021
Show Run Time: 30 minutes
Show Host: Alexander Arthur
Show Guest: Fr. Philip Eldracher
Podcast Player (5 Minute Free Preview)
To gain unlimited access to all Restoration Radio shows, you can become an Annual member by clicking the link below.
Already a member? Sign in on the right column.
This is Catholicism℗ is a Production of Member Supported Restoration Radio. Copyright 2021. All Rights are Reserved.